5 Reasons to Join:
- Benefit your Child: Research shows that children perform better when parents are involved in both home and at school!
- Get Connected! There is no better way to know what is happening at school
- Tap into a network! The PTO connects you to other parents and teachers through meetings, events, and communication, helping to build a sense of community.
- Be a role model! By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education and volunteering.
- Witness Improvement! By getting involved in the PTO you’ll be part of the solution – helping to make positive changes.
What does the KPTO do with your generous contributions?
- The Korematsu Parent Teacher Organization (KPTO) fosters relationships between parents, teachers, students, and staff and provides funding and volunteers to support academic and social growth for all students at Fred. T. Korematsu Elementary School at Mace Ranch.
- Parents and teachers are encouraged to become members. All are welcome to attend meetings and to volunteer, only dues-paying members may vote or hold elective office. Dues are modest ($20 annually) and provide a core base of funding. KPTO is a is a 501(c)3 nonprofit (Federal TaxID #202323643) and donations are tax exempt. We strongly urge all families to join the PTO, even if you are not able to volunteer.
- We are hoping for more than half of our families to join this year, and would love 100%. It really is a cheap and easy way to show your support!